A Few Favorites
Latest stories via RSS
- How South Korea Is Reacting To the Cancellation Of U.S.-North Korea SummitSouth Korean leaders met late at night to discuss President Trump's decision not to go ahead with his summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.
- Trump Cancels U.S.-North Korea SummitPresident Trump has cancelled his proposed meeting with the leader of North Korea. It happened the same morning that North Korea made a very public showing of destroying its nuclear test site.
- North Korea Demolishes Its Nuclear Test Site In A 'Huge Explosion'Journalists observed as North Korea blew up tunnels it uses for nuclear testing. But experts say it was mostly for show, and closing the site will have little impact on the nation's capabilities.
- As Trump-Kim Summit Approaches, South Korea's Leader Heads To White HouseThe talks are still expected to happen next month in Singapore, despite North Korea's threats to back out. The South Korean president is playing mediator to keep things on track.
- North Korea Threatens To Cancel Kim-Trump MeetingNorth Korea threatened to call off a summit between President Trump and Kim Jong Un over objections to U.S.-South Korean military exercises.
- News Brief: North Korea Summit In Doubt, Primary Results, Net NeutralityNorth Korea has threatened to cancel a planned summit with President Trump and Kim Jong Un. Also, we look at what Tuesday's congressional primaries mean for elections in November.
- North Korea Summit With Trump In Doubt Because Of Military ExercisesNorth Korea canceled a meeting with South Korea and said the U.S. should think about the fate of the summit "in light of this provocative military ruckus." The U.S. said summit planning continues.
- Trump Should Win The Nobel Peace Prize, South Korea's Moon SaysSouth Korean President Moon Jae-in's remark follows Friday's historic summit with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, which produced an apparent breakthrough.
- What's Next After Koreas SummitThe two Korean leaders met yesterday for a summit that yielded a historic joint agreement. It sets the stage for a summit between the U.S. and North Korea.
- News Brief: Koreas Summit Begins, Bill Cosby Convicted, Pruitt's FutureKim Jong Un crossed the South Korean border to begin a historic meeting with South Korean President Moon Jae-in on Friday. Also, Bill Cosby was convicted of sexual assault.
- Kim, Moon Pledge Denuclearization Of Peninsula And End To Korean War North Korea's Kim Jong Un and South Korea's Moon Jae-in met at the border village of Panmunjom for the first inter-Koreas summit in more than a decade.
- 'The Peace House' Is All Set For Kim Jong Un's First Summit In South Korea The stage is set for a historic meeting between leaders of the rival Koreas inside the Demilitarized Zone. The frenzied preparations have left very little to chance.
- It's Been A Dramatic Week Of Concessions From North KoreaNorth Korea has agreed to suspend missile tests, close its major nuclear-testing site and to drop demands that the U.S. remove troops from South Korea. It comes ahead of a historic North-South summit.
- News Brief: Justice Department Developments, National School Walkout, South KoreaSome of James Comey's memos detailing his meetings with President Trump have been released. Also, students are expected to walk out of classes to protest gun violence on Friday.
- Koreans Announce A North-South HotlineNorth and South Korea have successfully tested a hotline, which will allow the leaders of the two countries to speak directly.