A Few Favorites
Latest stories via RSS
- How Computer-Assisted Telepathy Helps Humans CommunicateThe next phase of human evolution seems headed toward merging biological bodies with machines. In the first video of Future You, Elise Hu connects to a network and plays a game with her thoughts.
- How Mind-Controlled Robot Suits Could Enhance Our LimbsIn Episode 2 of Future You, Elise Hu explores mind-controlled exoskeletons that could let paralyzed people walk or the able-bodied gain super strength.
- Netflix's 'Tuca & Bertie' Puts The Lady Birds In ChargeIn bringing a cartoon toucan and an anxious songbird to screen, show creator Lisa Hanawalt has done something still rare: made an animated show about women friends, by women friends.
- The Sex Scandals Shaking K-Pop And A Reckoning Over How South Korea Regards WomenSeveral K-pop stars have admitted to being involved in the practice of "spycamming" in Korea — secretly recording sexual acts without the partner's notice and posting those videos online.
- Thousands Of Fire Evacuees To Spend The Holiday Without HomesThe community shaken by California's Camp Fire is finding ways to come together for Thanksgiving.
- For Wildfire Evacuees, Bureaucratic Nightmare BeginsAs the deadly Camp Fire burns in Northern California, people who lost their homes face a new struggle: lost paperwork. They're finding out what that means as they try to rebuild their lives.
- North Korea Begins Dismantling Missile Site, Images ShowSatellite imagery shows North Korea is taking apart a rocket and engine site on its western coast. The action follows a promise made at last month's U.S.-North Korea summit in Singapore.
- Update On North Korea Nuclear TalksOfficials in the U.S. and North Korea continue to offer contradicting reports on whether their recent meeting in Pyongyang was productive.
- Pompeo Meets With North Koreans Over Nuclear ProgramThe meetings happened amid growing concern North Korea is not taking steps toward denuclearization — and uncertainty as to what each side meant when they committed to it.
- Anti-Refugee Backlash In South Korea Targets Yemenis Fleeing War And Seeking AsylumMore than 500 Yemenis are awaiting asylum decisions on a South Korean resort island that allowed them to arrive visa-free. Their presence has sparked nationwide protests.
- After A Stop In China, Defense Secretary Mattis Heads To South KoreaDefense Secretary Jim Mattis is in Seoul, where he's expected to discuss the drawdown of military exercises with South Korea, and the repatriation of the remains of U.S. soldiers from the Korean War.
- Pompeo Meets Allies In South KoreaSecretary of State Mike Pompeo is in South Korea talking to U.S. allies after President Trump's meeting with Kim Jong Un.
- News Brief: Pompeo In Asia, DOJ Reports On Clinton Email InvestigationMike Pompeo is in Asia to reassure America's allies. Also, an internal Justice Department watchdog is releasing a report on the handling of the Clinton email investigation.
- U.S.-North Korea Summit Is One For The History BooksA big headline out of the agreement at the Singapore summit is that President Trump has agreed to stop joint military exercises between the U.S. and South Korea. What's the significance of that?
- What Action Follows Trump-Kim Summit May Be Even More ImportantThe U.S.-North Korea summit is one for the history books. After his meetings in Singapore with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, President Trump said, "We're very proud of what took place today."