A Few Favorites
Latest stories via RSS
- North Korea Begins Dismantling Missile Site, Images ShowSatellite imagery shows North Korea is taking apart a rocket and engine site on its western coast. The action follows a promise made at last month's U.S.-North Korea summit in Singapore.
- Update On North Korea Nuclear TalksOfficials in the U.S. and North Korea continue to offer contradicting reports on whether their recent meeting in Pyongyang was productive.
- Pompeo Meets With North Koreans Over Nuclear ProgramThe meetings happened amid growing concern North Korea is not taking steps toward denuclearization — and uncertainty as to what each side meant when they committed to it.
- Anti-Refugee Backlash In South Korea Targets Yemenis Fleeing War And Seeking AsylumMore than 500 Yemenis are awaiting asylum decisions on a South Korean resort island that allowed them to arrive visa-free. Their presence has sparked nationwide protests.
- After A Stop In China, Defense Secretary Mattis Heads To South KoreaDefense Secretary Jim Mattis is in Seoul, where he's expected to discuss the drawdown of military exercises with South Korea, and the repatriation of the remains of U.S. soldiers from the Korean War.
- Pompeo Meets Allies In South KoreaSecretary of State Mike Pompeo is in South Korea talking to U.S. allies after President Trump's meeting with Kim Jong Un.
- News Brief: Pompeo In Asia, DOJ Reports On Clinton Email InvestigationMike Pompeo is in Asia to reassure America's allies. Also, an internal Justice Department watchdog is releasing a report on the handling of the Clinton email investigation.
- U.S.-North Korea Summit Is One For The History BooksA big headline out of the agreement at the Singapore summit is that President Trump has agreed to stop joint military exercises between the U.S. and South Korea. What's the significance of that?
- What Action Follows Trump-Kim Summit May Be Even More ImportantThe U.S.-North Korea summit is one for the history books. After his meetings in Singapore with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, President Trump said, "We're very proud of what took place today."
- An Upbeat Trump Praises Kim's Commitment To Denuclearize After Singapore SummitPresident Trump says, "I do. I do," when asked if he trusts North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. Trump said the North Korean nuclear program would be dismantled "very, very quickly."
- U.S. And North Korea Negotiators Hold Last Minute Meetings Ahead Of SummitU.S. and North Korean officials have been meeting till the last minute trying to iron out differences ahead of a historic summit between Kim Jong Un and President Trump in Singapore.
- Who's Who At Tuesday's Trump-Kim Summit In SingaporeWhen President Trump and Kim Jong Un meet on Tuesday, it will be the result of strenuous diplomacy by officials from the U.S., North Korea and other countries. Here are some of the key figures.
- Trump-Kim Summit: What To ExpectPresident Trump and North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un have arrived in Singapore ahead of their historic summit.
- Singapore Summit PreviewPresident Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un are getting ready for their meeting in Singapore.
- Will Trump Raise North Korea's Human Rights Abuses At Summit With Kim Jong Un? "No regime has oppressed its own citizens more totally or brutally than the cruel dictatorship of North Korea," the president said in January. Human rights experts fear the issue may be ignored now.