A Few Favorites
Latest stories via RSS
- VIDEO: Elon Musk's Next Quest Is A Mind-Machine Meld. Let's Consider The ImplicationsThe tech entrepreneur recently said he is making implants that connect our brains to our devices. So let's explore the ethics of human upgrading — and what technology has already done to us.
- VIDEO: The Military Discovered A Way To Boost Soldiers' Memories, And We Tried ItResearchers have found that giving your brain an electrical stimulation while you sleep can lead to quicker learning and improved memory. Future You's episode 6 explores what this will mean in 2050.
- VIDEO: What If Aging Wasn't Inevitable? The Quest To Slow And Even Reverse AgingScientists have developed promising clock-turning treatments for mice. Could pills that mimic the benefits of exercise help humans? In this Future You: the effort to stop the symptoms of growing old.
- Packing Hacks: How To Get Everything You Need For A Trip Into 1 Carry-On BagWith some planning, you can get everything you need for a trip down to one carry-on bag. Road warriors share their hacks — so you can travel with a lot less hassle.
- Beyond The Grind: Find Meaning In Travel — Abroad Or In Your BackyardYou can discover new things about the world when you travel, or even — if you apply a traveler's mindset — close to home. "It takes humility," says artist and author Jenny Odell.
- Move Objects With Your Mind? We're Getting There, With The Help Of An ArmbandYou know "the Force" that binds all things — the one that can let your mind move objects? The latest Future You video demos an armband that allows users to control objects with thoughts.
- Higher, Better, Stronger, Faster — Brain Science Is Trying To Get ThereA headset that electrically stimulates your brain while you practice a motor skill claims to help you improve in less time. What might this mean for human abilities by 2050?
- Can You Travel In Groups Without Going Crazy? NPR Wants To Hear From YouNPR is putting together a guide on navigating the social dynamics of travel, and we need your help. Tell us, how do you deal with group dynamics when traveling?
- How Computer-Assisted Telepathy Helps Humans CommunicateThe next phase of human evolution seems headed toward merging biological bodies with machines. In the first video of Future You, Elise Hu connects to a network and plays a game with her thoughts.
- How Mind-Controlled Robot Suits Could Enhance Our LimbsIn Episode 2 of Future You, Elise Hu explores mind-controlled exoskeletons that could let paralyzed people walk or the able-bodied gain super strength.
- Netflix's 'Tuca & Bertie' Puts The Lady Birds In ChargeIn bringing a cartoon toucan and an anxious songbird to screen, show creator Lisa Hanawalt has done something still rare: made an animated show about women friends, by women friends.
- The Sex Scandals Shaking K-Pop And A Reckoning Over How South Korea Regards WomenSeveral K-pop stars have admitted to being involved in the practice of "spycamming" in Korea — secretly recording sexual acts without the partner's notice and posting those videos online.
- Thousands Of Fire Evacuees To Spend The Holiday Without HomesThe community shaken by California's Camp Fire is finding ways to come together for Thanksgiving.
- For Wildfire Evacuees, Bureaucratic Nightmare BeginsAs the deadly Camp Fire burns in Northern California, people who lost their homes face a new struggle: lost paperwork. They're finding out what that means as they try to rebuild their lives.
- North Korea Begins Dismantling Missile Site, Images ShowSatellite imagery shows North Korea is taking apart a rocket and engine site on its western coast. The action follows a promise made at last month's U.S.-North Korea summit in Singapore.